GF GIRL NEXT DOOR: Campfire S’mores Donuts – Baked & Gluten Free
Bring the campfire inside with my campfire donuts. These are easy to make and are great for breakfast or dessert!
Campfire S’mores Donuts – Baked & Gluten Free
Donuts – makes about 4 dozen mini or 2 dozen large
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar fluff marshmallow spread 7.5-Ounce Jar
- 1.5 cups confectionary sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Glaze & Graham Cracker Crumble
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips (roughly 10 oz) / optional: 4 tablespoons coconut oil to help make the sauce smooth
- Honey graham crackers – I used a gluten free version
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together your butter and sugars (cane and brown!)
- Add your eggs in one at a time / mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine your brown rice flour, almond flour and baking soda
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet / mix well
- Spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray – I love coconut oil cooking spray
- Fill a pastry bag with batter and cut off the end
- Pipe in your donuts
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (until firm on top)
- Remove from the oven and use a fork or knife to remove donuts to cooling rack
Marshmallow Filling, Graham Cracker Crumble
- Mix together your confectionary sugar, vanilla extract and fluff
- Put your graham crackers in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or heavy pan to crush the graham crackers into very small pieces
- There are a variety of ways to make a chocolate sauce; you can melt the chocolate in the microwave (roughly 4-5 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes), you can melt the chocolate on a double boiler, or if you don’t have many options like me, I melted my chocolate in a sauce pan with coconut oil on medium heat :). Sometimes you have to improvise!
THE BEST PART – THE ASSEMBLY
- Cut your donuts in half so you have a top and a bottom
- Make an assembly line: donuts, filling, sauce and graham cracker
- Using a knife or an offset spatula, add your filling on the bottom.
- Put the top on and lightly dip the top in the chocolate sauce, just coating the top
- Over a bowl, sprinkle on your graham cracker crumble.
- EAT, EAT, EAT!