Meatless Monday Recipe
White Bean Salad
This salad is not only full of flavor but is also so easy to make; start to finish can be just under fifteen minutes. I love making a big batch of it on Sundays or Mondays so I can put the leftovers in the fridge and use the rest of the week for lunches.
1 can of organic cannellini beans – look for ones without salt added
1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
2-3 cup of kale (or spinach if you prefer)
1/4 cup diced onion
garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain the can of cannellini beans using a strainer
- Spray or pour a few tbsp of olive oil into a skillet on medium heat
- Add in beans, mushrooms, and onions and allow these to cook for about five minutes
- Then add in the sundried tomatoes & kale
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Cook on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes
- Serve by itself, on top of quinoa, or on salad greens and enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: MICHELLE MCGUINNESS
I work as a Financial Analyst at Boston Scientific and live in Natick, MA. I wanted a project outside of my 9-5 responsibilities and started Sunshine & Superfoods as a way to share my healthy recipes and fitness ideas with friends and family. I am obsessed with trying the new fitness classes, I love cooking & experimenting with food, trying new restaurants & eateries, traveling, and hanging with family and friends. You can find me in an early morning PureBarre class or strolling through my local Whole Foods.
Originally posted 2015-05-11 08:30:39. Republished by Blog Post Promoter